Jonathan Devine is a senior engineering consultant with an extensive knowledge of all shipboard operations and maintenance work, which he gained during a 26 year sea going career. Jonathan has sailed up to the rank of Chief Engineer and acquired a considerable experience as project and dry dock engineering manager. Some of his previous roles and duties included among others:
– Regular liaison work with port state, flag state and classification societies for various audit, survey, breakdown and repair works.
– Project engineer for the conversion of vessels fuel system from MGO to HFO, from the design to installation and reclassification of the fuel treatment and LO purification systems, including the redesign and reclassification of the bunkering system.
– Project engineer for the installation of complete Hi-Fog fixed fire-fighting systems on three vessels which including the structural design and installation of additional emergency generators to make the systems completely stand-alone.
– Involved to varying degrees of responsibility in over 10 dry dockings including emergency dockings and major refits on both passenger vessels and LNG tankers.
– More recently involved in the technical writing / authoring of the technical operation manuals for the Maersk Triple-E class container ships.